Training Support Program
TRAINING TO HELP INDIVIDUALS RETURN TO WORK
WorkBC Employment Consultants assist individuals in finding the fastest path to sustainable employment. Typically, they focus on the following strategies:
- Supporting individuals to complete a thorough job search based on their existing skills
- Exploring short term training options
- Finding on-the-job training through Wage Subsidy placements
- Exploring longer term training (1 year or less)
If you are actively working with one of our employment consultants and have completed the first three steps above but are still not able to secure sustainable employment, longer term training may be an option for you.
Key Points related to longer term training:
- Training must not exceed 1 year.
- Funding maximum for tuition fees: $7500.
- Depending on financial need, support may be available to assist with costs such as basic living expenses, books, supplies, transportation and dependent care.
- These funds are not a loan; they are taxable income.
- All applicants will need to contribute towards the overall cost of training.
- Allow a minimum of 8 weeks for the process of applying and completing required documentation.
To be eligible to participate in longer term training, you must:
- Live in the Parksville/Qualicum Beach area
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be actively working with an Employment Consultant
- Not have started your training without prior approval
Your Employment Consultant will help to determine your eligibility.
Please contact our staff here at WorkBC Parksville 250.248.3205 for more information.